Friday, December 12, 2014

Vintage Christmas Swap Goodies

So as I mentioned in an earlier post I participated in a Vintage Christmas Swap hosted by Shara at Monkeybox Blog.  Only a small number of people signed up for the swap and I was one of them. There was also an odd number of individuals who signed up, most individuals were paired with just one other person but because of the odd number there was one group of three and I was in that group. I sent items to Janet in New Jersey and Gayden, from Hawaii sent items to me.  I don't believe Janet or Gayden have a blog.

We were to go out to Thrift Shops, raid our vintage stash, or make some vintage inspired Christmas Goodies, then fill a box the approximate size of a shoe box with our finds or handmade items and send it out.

Well let me tell you, the pickings at my thrift store has been very slim this year.  My stash of vintage Christmas items is not very large and most have special meaning to me, so I didn't have much to raid, so I ended up making some things and sent those along with the things I found.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I made a set of Vintage Christmas electric candle lights and turned a vintage train candle holder into a card or photo display.



(if you look closely at the Engine, you can see a white button in place of one of the wheels)
I also included a White and Pink Gooseberry Pyrex Casserole dish (Janet buys and sells Pyrex), some stained glass ornaments, a Santa mug, an old Christmas stocking, Santa's pants which I believe is a card holder, some flocked Santa boots I filled with some candy, two vintage printed linen napkins with poinsettias on them and what I thought was a cute Santa printed on plastic that covers a door.


I almost forgot to mention the ornament kit I included that makes 3 sequin covered Santa boots.  I'm sure they will be really cute once made.

I didn't take many photos of what I sent and unfortunately some items did not make it into the box because of space...like the spun angel hair which is in the photo.  I hope Janet liked what I sent and if she doesn't she has my blessing to sell away!  Janet, I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Well my box arrived today and let me tell you it was packed with a bunch of crafting items, vintage glitter (my favorite thing in the box), wooden beads, rick rack, paper, ornaments, a Christmas towel, a book, a Christmas box filled with blank note cards and much, much, more...










 ...and there is that fabulous glitter again!



I want to Thank Gayden for the wonderful box filled with crafting goodies and ornaments.  I really appreciate it and I'm sure I will make plenty of items with what you sent.  Thank You very much and I'm wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Thank You Shara for hosting the Swap!

Photos were taken with my cell phone...I'm waiting for Santa to bring me a better camera for Christmas...we will see if that improves my photo quality and photo taking ability.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your swap! You sent great things and it looks like you got a big old box of crafty fun back. Love all that glitter. Thanks for joining the swap and following through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shara for hosting the Swap I enjoyed it tremendously...you gave me permission to shop in some of my favorite shops. I can't wait to see your post and see what everyone got.

      Delete
  2. Hi Beth! I'm glad you like all your things. I had fun hunting and gathering them. Mele Kalikimaka! Gayden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Gayden, I can't wait to use the supplies you sent me. I could not believe how packed the box was. I just kept pulling things out and it seemed it never ended. The miniature desk will look cute in my doll house when i get it made and I have plans for the bell pan you sent. Now I just need to find the time to do everything I want.

      Delete