Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Vintage Inspired Santa Christmas Candle Light

So I have been working on a new project.  The wreath is still not done but I will tackle that this weekend!  I want to apologize now for the horrible pictures...I used my cell phone.  I really need to invest in a good camera and some good lighting!


The project I have been working on is taking standard plug in electric candle lights and gussying them up! Is gussying a word?  I think it is since it didn't highlight as being misspelled.  I have some small vintage stuff I like to craft with, but I haven't really used much it, and needed some vintage inspired items.


I have always wanted a set of these gussied up lights after seeing them on eBay over 5 years ago but I have never gotten around to making them, until now.


I used new and old supplies to make these and unfortunately I am not keeping them.  I joined a Vintage Christmas Swap being hosted by Shara at Monkeybox.  We are supposed to raid our Vintage Christmas stash, go thrifting to find Vintage Christmas items or make Vintage Inspired Christmas Items to fill up a shoe box and send to our swap partners.


Well my thrift stores have not been very forth coming with Vintage goodies this year and my stash of Vintage goodies is not very huge yet so I needed something to fill the box and came of with these Christmas Electric Candle Sticks!  I now need to make a set for myself because I love them so much.


I will post pictures later of the other stuff I sent to my swap partner, but I wanted to share these photos now!  I hope you enjoy them and I look forward to making many more if I can find my other electric candle sticks I have stashed somewhere in my house.  I hope my swap partner likes them!





I will post photos of the swap goodies I receive in a future post since I have not received my box yet! Come back later to check out the other swap goodies!







No comments:

Post a Comment