Sunday, May 31, 2015

Yard Saling Memorial Day Weekend

I love going to yard sales, thrifting, or going to flee markets as many of us in blog-land like to do.  It is rare for me to find a yard sale where I find stuff I like.  Most yard sales in my area have a lot of children's clothes, toys, or modern random stuff, but every once in a while I find a good one.

I stopped at a sale that had a lot of vintage stuff.  I wish I would have bought more but this was the last sale I found and I was running out of funds.  I'm not sure where the couple got the stuff they were selling but the guy said he had more stuff in boxes he needed to get rid of.  I had to pick through boxes to find the stuff I bought.


I found a box of reflectors and two Putz style folding fence to go around a Christmas Village or Tree.  I'm still waiting to find a feather tree!


A bag of some vintage and newer style clothespins.  Yes I still hang laundry out on a line and I love this type of clothespin.  Nothing beats the smell of freshly laundered, sun dried clothes and sheets. 


In the far left corner a bolt of lace (newer, but a lot of it), some wooden tie on ornaments  and fuzzy deer.  These actually came from another sale.


A cute baby blanket with some embroidered animals.  There is a few stains on it.  I'm debating on how to clean it...Any Hints?  I was told to oxi-clean it.


This picture is not the best but it is a closeup of the fabric and embroidery.  All those dots on the front is yarn, tied on the back, with a cute floral backing.  I have few quilts but this was cute and so cheap I had to have it.


and Mattel Tuff Stuff Blocks...my siblings had these as a kid.  
I enjoyed my weekend of sales and spending time with my family.  I hope your weekend was just as enjoyable.  I did not let this holiday pass without remembering the men and woman that have fought for our country and visiting my relatives that have passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment